Date:
Fri, 17 Aug 2007 10:24:59 -0500
Hi all, dis is SaraFerret. I was at the bridge entrance as usual doing
bridge greetings, when all of a sudden a small sable ferret came racing
across de bridge. I has gotten smarter over de years at doing dis, so
I don't stand too close anymore. Luckily there is always a soft cloud
bank for fuzzies to run into so dey dont runs into anything hard.
WHOOF! The sable fuzzie runs into de cloud! Well, I goes over dere and
helps de little fuzzy help and de he looks up and asks me, Where am I?

I introduces myself, Hi, I am SaraFerret. I am de Rainbow
Bridgegreeter. This is your new home and I am here to welcome you. Here
there is no pain or suffering, endless play and green grass to run in,
no litter pans, lotsa food and water, and even better, other ferrets to
visit with and climb with.

The sable fuzzie says sadly, Hey I don't want to be here. I want to be
back home with Mommy.

But I says to him, Hey, it is really fun here. It really is. Likes I
says. Endless play. Fun games.

He just sighs and then he says, well if its that way I just might as
well get used to it. My name is Taz and I belongs to Millie. She is
such a nice lady. She tells me dat she names all of her fuzzies Taz.
She took me to de fuzzy doctor and was so good to me. She held me close
to her and talked to me all de time. It just didn't seem like I spent
all dat much time on de earth. And den all of a sudden I was here.

Den Taz began to cheer up a bit. (Sometimes de shock of crossing hits a
new one and it takes a bit to adjust). Den he spots my wings and asks,
What are dose things on your back, SaraFerret.

Those are wings. Only the ferretangels get those. We are so fortunate.
We are God's special animals. Do you have a special color you would
like for your wings? Decisions, decisions, decisions.

Then Taz notices a butterfly fluttering by and yells, hey those color
of wings.

Okay and so off we went toward the Wing House, visiting with other
groups of fuzzies along de way. A group of dem joined us, even another
Taz who had belonged to Miss Millie. At de Wing House, dere was the big
box (of course) on the counter. Taz went over to it and opened it and
pulled out his own set of wings. Dey matched perfectly de butterfly
wings and he was just amazed. How did anyone know dat I would pick dose
colors: blue with black streaks!

I says, Well, things happen like dat all de time here. Its just amazing
to de new ferrets. Surprises always hit ya until you get used to it.

Well we helped Taz on with his wings and he went over to de mirror and
smiled at his reflection and says he wishes his Mommy Millie could see
him now. So off we went to see the sights and sounds along the bridge

Along the garden path, we stopped by de misting pond. We sat down dere
and we swished de water and den Taz saw Millie appear with big tears in
her eyes. So Taz took his hugs and kisses and wrapped dem with his love
and sent dem to her on a shooting star which might take some time to
reach her. He made a promise dat one time in de future he would visit
her in her dreams and when she awoke she would know he had been dere
by his musky smell and his scratchy whiskers on her cheek or she might
even spot a vision of him. Then with another swish the vision of Millie
was gone. But Taz knew from de greeting posted at de entrance dat dere
beloved humans would be reunited with dem at de ends of dere lives
nevermore to be separated.

So off we went down the path toward his new home and other ferrets
joined us along the way. Taz felt really at home now and began
wardancing and dooking with them. And so ended another day at de
Rainbow Bridge.

Love and Pawhugs
SaraFerret, Bridgegreeter