From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Nov 2001 10:41:55 -0500
>X spent her money 'playing eBay'!  Her name is probably very familiar
>to anyone who has ever been outbid on a ferret item on eBay.  I used to
>wonder how a person who claimed to be a ferret rescue - I believe she
>called herself a 'Sanctuary' could be paying top dollar for every ferret
>item that appeared.  And according to her, she was involved in ALL the
>auction sites.
>
>The best of luck in rescuing these ferrets from her.
>
>Georgia

Ah!  That would be possibly consistent with the hoarding behavior noted
in some studies.  (Don't know because am I not there and I haven't seen
this situation.  Last hoarder I saw was when I was a kid.)

Here are some sites that can help states work up legislation to reduce
animal hoarding, and the site for the IL legislation, as well as the info
on the recent IL legislation.  These things are worth passing out and
getting to your politicians and bureaucrats.  Thanks for a chance to help
more folks print these out, send them out, and work for positive change!
Everything needed is in here, so all that a person needs to do is to print
them, get addies from your library or town hall for your state politicians
(This is something to change on state levels mostly, rather than
federal.), and then send them.  Easy as can be, and the changes could be
marvelous for saving ferrets and other animals, reducing the strain on
crowded shelters and their donors and volunteers, and for getting
emotional help to those people who need it!  It takes less time than
sending in a sympathetic or annoyed note to the list about animal
hoarding, and it's a more constructive use of the time!  Neat, huh?  If
you agree with all of those who have been upset recently due to ferrets
hurt this way, and you want to make a change, here is your chance!

http://www.mhsource.com/pt/p000425.html

http://www.legis.state.il.us/publicacts/pubact92/acts/92-0454.html

http://www.tufts.edu/vet/cfa/hoarding.html

http://www.tufts.edu/vet/cfa/Illinoislaw.html