From:
Regina Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Aug 2012 12:48:16 -0400
Meryl asked about ferret gates. I have a couple of the ~$30 Northern
States Supergates with the clear plastic and I am definitely a fan.
None of my recent ferrets have been big jumpers so I can't comment on
that, but the gates do sit securely in doorways and the clear plastic
is a little more aesthetically appealing than a solid gate. It's also
very easy to clean if any(ferret)body thinks backing up to the gate is
a good idea, sigh. The only two caveats I have are: one, if your door
frames are crooked due to the house settling then you may have to jury
rig things a little bit to get any expanding type gate to fit; and two,
if you have any very petite ferrets you may have to saw the little feet
off the bottom of the gate, but it will work just fine without the
feet. To be honest I can't remember if the Northern States gates have
the feet or if that was the other kind of gate I have in the house;
just consider that a general piece of advice about sliding gates.

Regards,
Regina