From:
"marie i. schatz" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Jan 1997 09:00:12 -0500
Regarding Mr. Killian's comment regarding the reasons Judith Bell quit MF.
Don't you think she's the only person who can say why she quit?  (Unless the
real reasons would get her sued or something.)If it doesn't come from her it
is a rumor.  Such as (yes this is true, not hypothetical) Last June while on
a business trip I tracked down a ferret breeder and AFA judge and went to
visit.  I was there for an hour, perhaps a little longer.  During our
conversation we talked about everything including ferret books.  I mentioned
Bell's which we discussed.  During that conversation she mentioned that the
reason Dr. Bell quit was that MF had started new policies that she had a
hard time with and didn't feel she could work there any more because of
these new policies.  I believe she said that the sons had taken over the
business and that these new policies were essentially harder on the ferrets.
I.e.  increased photoperiod manipulation for more heats etc.  So who is
right?  I haven't passed this comment on since it is third hand and
unverifiable.  I am not asking anyone to believe it per se.  But I don't
think I'm going to believe that she quit solely due to harrassment either
till I hear it from her myself.

Any ferret anywhere kept in a cage 24 hours a day has my sympathy and
elicits my anger.

Mary, Boris and Giesela