From:
Jon-Anne Elise Sieffert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Oct 1994 14:46:07 -0400 (EDT)

i found a wonderful treat for the ferrets.
you know how they love milk, ...well there is
a pruduct out called "Cat Sip" that contains
no lactose.  it is ultrapasteurized 1% real
milk.  it also contains protein.  Ingrediants:
grade a lowfat milk, lactose enzyme, and taurine.
that is all.  protein 3.2%, fat 1%, moisture 88.74%,
and taurine 1.6 mg/fl.oz.  i have found it quite the
successful treat.  dr.williams, if you see anything wrong
with it, please tell me, and i will stop using it.

also, on a sadder note, i am having another problem
with one of my ferrets (Big, a 3.5 yr. sprite).  she
has developed a cyst on her left arm, right before
the bend of her paw.  it is about the size of a small pea
and seems to be filled with liquid.  a friend of mine
gave the advise to sterily open it up, drain the fluid, then
clean it out with rubbing alcohol, to stop the infection...
then repeat as necessary.  i wanted to ask if this was the
correct procedure, before trying it.  (this was done for
her cat)  do you think this is a good idea.  the lump is
filled with liquid, it is not hard or connected to the
muscle in her paw at all.

thank you for your help!
jon_anne, the pet of bartok and big.