From:
kristen herzog <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Jan 1995 17:22:13 EST
Hello all!
        Just got caught up with the FML and wanted to write on a
couple of different things....
1. Shampoo.  My furries HATE baths.  So, they get them when they start
to get grimy looking.  (ie after climbing up to the plant ledge or
knocking over soda cans...:)  The vet gave me a sample of a shampoo
called Oxyfresh.  It seems to work real well.  It has an apply citrus
kind of scent, but it leaves them smelling clean w/o the perfume (even
the apple scent goes away after the rinse).  The vet recommended it
highly and uses it on his own pet ferrets.  The 88 number for more
info is 1-800-223-7374.

2.  Food.  I've heard a lot of debate on what kind of food to get for
ferrets.  Totally ferret, Science Diet, etc, etc.  Well, my vet ALSO
recommended a food for owners that don't have access to bulk stuff
that is sold to mink and ferret breeders.  Iams make a Lamb and Rice
for Cats food that my furries LOVE, and Roo is a very picky little
girl.  Nesta, of course, will eat anything.  Just some quick stats on
the food - I was wondering if any of our experts could tell me if they
are any good?  In order:  Lamb, rice flour, chicken by product meal,
ground corn, animal fate, fish meal, dried whole egg, beet pulp, and
on and on.  It also has vitamin supplements for B12, D3, A, Biotin,
Calcium, and Potassium.  Protein is at 32.0%, 21.0% fat.  Less than
7.0% ash.  Is this good for a store bought food?  They seem to love it
and I have had no health problems.  One more question - there is
Rosemary extract in the list of ingrediants.  Anyone know why, or what
it does?  Just curious...

3.  Black-eyed Whites.  I _NEED_ to adopt one!  Actually, I've wanted
one for a long time, and Roo and Nesta could use another partner in
crime.  Are there any shelters, breeders, etc. in the upstate NY area?
I live just north of Albany, but would be willing to travel to nearby
NJ, NH, Vermont, or even Maryland and Delaware when I head home for
holidays!  I've also heard they are rather expensive...what is the
price range?

        Sorry to go on and on, but I've been waiting desperately to
ask all these questions!  :)  Can't wait to see the next FML....
        -Kristen
        - Nesta and Roo (who think that food in the dish was
especially made for "take out" to bring home under the dresser)
Kristen Herzog
These are my opinions. Promise.