From:
Tanya Colleen Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Jan 1996 09:26:36 -0800
Tapeworms are supposedly very rare in ferrets.  I have had the pleasure of
battling them twice.  Joy.  Both instances were when a stray/rescue came
into my home, and gave the tapeworm-carrying fleas to the rest of the crew.
They are pretty easy to take care of - a couple of injections purge them -
and everything else - out of their system over a 2-week period.

As to ferret sweaters - I stole an old pair of little brother's socks, and
made the cutest little sweaters for my (then) two kids.  They are now in the
rag-bag.  No way, no how was I able to keep them on my kids!  Talk about
"snaking" out of them in 3 seconds flat...

Take care all!

Tanya
Waldo, Joanna, and the stubborn "I still don't think I'm sick" Canela