From:
John Rich <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Mar 2006 00:36:15 -0500
Hi, I do not know who decides what are the 'rules of the road', here,
on the FML,...but if public opinion from the members has any weight, can
a VOTE as to whether or not "Anonymous Postings" should be allowed,..
be taken?  Use "Anon..." for 'ferret-free' zones, and limited other
situations, which can be judged by BIG, on a case by case basis, for
those posts that warrant 'Anon'.  "Anonymous" postings belong on the
editorial page of your local newspapers, not on a friendly forum!
Speak Up, and sign your name to your post!!....OR, just join with that
'other' "Gherkin" in that jar!

Proud to sign, John Rich & the n.j. gang.
john rich <[log in to unmask]>

[Moderator's note: Public opinion DOES play a part, of course.  I respect
and invite and consider carefully comments people make.  Your suggestion
about the anon postings is already how it works, however.  I DO take them
on a case-by-case basis and hold anon posts to higher standards.

Which is why I should not have accepted that recent post.  Fact was, the
person frequently posts anonymously for a reason which is why I didn't
give it too much thought at the time, but that was poor judgement on my
part.  Like the guidelines say, anon posts aren't offered to allow people
to hide while expressing an unpopular or flaming opinion.

If people have opinions or comments about anon posts (or the FML), sure
feel free to let me know directly.  But let's put the Wolfy posts topic
to rest now.  It's run its course quite quickly.  BIG]