Date:
Sat, 13 Sep 2003 12:11:47 -0700
>From:    Melanie and Dustin <[log in to unmask]>
>fetch started off by having that classical sign of adrenal disease...
>hair loss.  but the weird thing was that he also started getting these
>strange blisters/ hot spots on his body.  they didin't seem to bother
>him, but we were really worried.  they would form scabs, but i was
>afraid that they would get infected because he was biting at them.

Are they blisters or hard little bumps?  Sound like they might be mast
cell tumors.

Here are a couple URL's:
http://www.afip.org/ferrets/Mast/mastcell.html
http://www.ferretcentral.org/faq/med/mast.html

If they are mast cell tumors, you can put a cortisone cream on them to
relieve the itching until you have them removed.

-Lo