From:
Judy Cooke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Jul 2005 21:27:05 -0700
Passed to Judy Cooke:

The Dook could tell by the light fading on the wall of the jail cell
that night was falling.  The air had taken on a crisp chill.  He said
to Christiana Ferret, "You look tired....and cold."

She shrugged.  "It's been a difficult couple of days, to say the least,
and yes, it is quite nippy in here!"

"Well," the Dook said, "we're both cold and tired....so why don't you
slide on over here?  You can use my shoulder as a pillow and we can keep
each other warm."

Under normal circumstances, Christianaferret would never, ever consider
something like this!  But at the moment, being cold and tired, she didn't
think she'd get a better offer, so she slid over to him and as she
snuggled down on his soft, warm shoulder, she closed her eyes.  Just as
she was starting to feel warm and cozy, a thought pinged sharply in her
brain.  It was something she suddenly remembered the Snap-Fish had said.
She didn't catch it earlier - but now, in the dankness of the jail cell,
she could clearly hear the Snap-Fish say, "I am only good at repeating
the facts and doing as I have been ordered to do!"

Someone ordered the Snap-fish to give her the chest?

Passed to Jan Storck.  Jan wrote:

What the two cell bound ferrets didn't know was that not only ferrets
have their private lives, villages, relatives, stories, but so do all
animals.  There is another animal who has the compassion, intellegence,
love, devotion, playfullness and caring that ferrets do...that is the
horse.  !!!  .Christianaferret didn't know that the Dook and his father
had a stable of beautiful horses,,,Gypsy Vanners, beautiful black and
white steeds with wonderful pure white "feathers" of hair on their
feet....Wonderful, fast, strong, wise, BIG horses, who loved the Dook
with all their hearts.

When the Dook was looking for water for his horse, and got knocked off by
the flying coconut, the horse licked the Dook all over to wake him.  When
he got back to the stable the big horse talked with the other horses
there and told them what happened.  They realized then that just giving
the incredible chest to the little ferret would not be enough to make her
realize that she should be with the Dook and that they would be happy.
They knew Christianaferret loved horses and they would get as much
attention from her as the Dook would....She would brush them, and give
them treats, and ride them all over the Dookdom.  They couldn't wait!!
"Maybe this is a good thing in the end," the biggest horse said "as they
are locked in the jail cell together and no one knows where they are".."
Maybe they will find out just how wonderful they would be together" We
need to do something tho....we need to get them out of there!!  All the
beautiful black and white horses, with their manes and tails and feathers
flowing in the breeze, banded together and galloped to the jail...it was
in the quiet of a beautiful full moonlit night,,,all was silent.  The
breath from the huge horses nostrils fogged the cool night air as they
snorted and stomped.  Christianaferret and the Dook were talking quietly
about their lives and they were beginning to know and LIKE each other!!
She was comfortable, and so was he.

All of a sudden WHAM!!!WHAM!!!WHAM!!  What in the heck!!!  The Dook
jumped up turned around and there on the other side of the broken down
jail cell wall was his herd of beautiful huge horses...They came to
rescue him and the beautiful little jill.  Since the wonderful chest
they had given her didn't work, they took matters into their own
hooves!!!  Christianaferret couldn't believe her eyes.  She laughed
and ....