From:
Troy Lynn Eckart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 May 2000 11:13:14 -0500
Please keep Misty and Flux in your thoughts and prayers for successful
adrenal surgeries today (Thursday).  Misty is 6+ and Flux is about 5.
I'll be off-line tomorrow as we'll be in Topeka all day.

From my experience yes, ferrets do miss us when we are gone.  We are more
than just a feeding and playing machine.  When I come home, no matter if
I'm early or late, someone always comes to greet me.  I usually have
several that come running (literally) to me and milling around my feet.
They patiently wait for me to pick them up and cuddle them.  They have to
take turns since my arms can only hold so many without squishing anyone.

Ferrets do have emotions and they express them too.  They feel fear, pain,
sadness, loneliness, depression, happiness, joy, excitement, anger and
frustration (I'm sure I've forgotten some).  I've seen each of these
emotions exhibited over and over again in our own home.  In fact, these
little creatures are so full of emotion I'm surprised they don't burst!

The other day I made a home-check and when I picked up the 12 week old
ferret he calmed right down in my arms.  His people were amazed that I
had such a calming affect on him. :-)

Scooby came running in the house around 11 last night.... covered in mud!
He danced around on the bed so I now have these nice little Scooby muddy
footprints on my quilt. :-)  We have dirt in our enclosure and with the
recent rains there was quite a bit of mud.  I was laughing so hard that
I couldn't towel him off.  He couldn't figure out what was so funny.  He
couldn't hear me laughing but he could see me rolling on the bed in a
giggle fit which only made him dance more. :-)

This morning when I woke at 5am I felt this warm body next to me.  Old man
Bandit was sleeping stretched out up agains my side.  It felt so good I
didn't want to get out of bed.  What a wonderful way to start the day.

Warm hugs to all. tle
 Troy Lynn Eckart
Ferret Family Services
Please sign up to support our charity