Date:
Fri, 26 May 2000 23:46:23 -0700
Debbi,

I use linoleum on the cage floors, but use binder clips (the 3/4" size) and
clip them onto the floor.  Then I either remove the "handles" or flip them
under the floor so they don't catch their little feet in them.  I have been
using these for a couple years and wouldn't use anything else.  On the
upper floors I clip the linoleum with slightly larger clips.  I get these
at an office supply store, like Office Max or Office Depot, costs about .49
for a dozen.  Might try that.

As far as trying to keep them from shooting over the edge.  I've taken a
plastic dishpan, cut one side so it isn't as high for the front, and that
gives them three high sides.  I usually cut a spot about 6" wide and maybe
about 4" down on the middle of one side.  Leaves about a 1 to 1 -1/2" ridge
for them to step over.  Mine don't shoot over the edge any more.  Has
really helped.

Good luck with your move.

mjo and the zoo (Lady Star, Topanga, Ragine, Bilbo, Frodo, Frito,
Pepper, & Caesar and the dogs Garth and Darwin......r.i.p. PHANTOM,
Nipper, EZ, Lightning, Cleo, & Duke)