From:
Kathy Gallagher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Jun 2003 11:03:45 -0400
>From:    Vex <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Food that kills?! Need help
>
>I need your help finding the article FERRET USA / FERRET annual that
>explains the disadvantages to using Kay-tee with dried fruit chunks....
>We also noticed that there is a preservative BHT in it...I am not sure
>if this is correct but was informed that this is a cancer causing
>preservative.  Please set me straight and help us out.

BHT is the least of your worries with Kaytee.  It's the dried fruits that
can cause blockages.  Fruits are nondigestable for ferrets and have no
nutritional values.

Better to get a decent ferret or kitten chow, with the first ingredient
as chicken and the next two ingrededients as meat and hopefully rice
before corn.

KG