From:
Yvonne McAvoy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 May 2001 08:11:43 -0400
I have a question about a certain behavior that my baby, Taz, seems to do
occasionally.  She 'scratches', as if she is digging a hole, but on my legs
or arms!  Most of the time she does this to my legs when I am sleeping, but
occasionally when I am sitting at the computer she will do it to my feet.
She actually lies down on her side and uses both front feet to frantically
'dig' on my skin.  Even if I put her on the floor and scold her (she uses
her claws... and it hurts!) she comes right back and does it again.  She
seems to do it either when she is tired or affectionate, but I haven't
figured out the exact reason yet.  It seems as if she just wants attention,
but if I pick her up, she squirms to get down.  She is not a biter nor
aggressive in any way.  Does anyone else have a ferret that does this?