From:
Dick Bossart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Aug 1995 19:33:18 -0400
I think Topaz is watching too much TV.  The Discovery channel has featured
'Shark Week' all week long, showing footage of shark research around the
world. All week long she "cruises" the house, stomach just skimming the
floor, neck stretched, chin nearly touching the carpet, looking for prey"
(another ferret smaller than she is).  When she spots one it's like
lightening - slink, chomp, shake, release, circle, grab, shake.  I think
she's imagining that she's a  Great White Shark.  As I said, "Too much TV."

Yesterday she got Bud (Alpha Male) by mistake. (BIG mistake!)  Today it was
Valentine our Alpha Female, who looks a lot like Topaz's favorite "food",
Spook.  Only Valentine books no such nonsense.  Val was grazing the treat
plate for Cheerios when the 'Great White' struck without warning.  They
tumbled and flipped and rolled under the futon.

All was quiet for a few seconds.  Then Topaz came out like she was shot from
a cannon, and slipping and sliding on the tile, disappeared around the corner
in the kitchen.  (Very unshark-like.)

Val came strolling out from under the futon and resumed grazing the Treat
Plate.  Out in the kitchen as short time later, the "great white' began
cruising the kitchen looking for easier prey.

They had me laughing so hard I slopped my coffee all over my  shirt.

Dick B.
Topaz - "Watch out Dad there's a seal hiding behind your leg."
Spook - "I'm NOT a seal.  Daaad, make her stop that!"
Val - "If Topaz tries that again she'll have to visit a proctologist to have
her teeth straightened."