From:
Sharin Alpert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Nov 1999 16:44:34 -0500
On the subject of winter coming: I am in New England, and yes it has been
unnaturally warm here, but my 2 ferrets have both gotten lovely fluffy
lighter-colored new winter coats.  They are still shedding, so i suppose
the process is not yet complete.  They've also put on some weight: Chloe
has ballooned up to 2 pounds, and Ramone is topping the scales at 3.  What
big babies!

We recently got this hilarious kitten, Squirrel, he's about 6 months old,
but small, just the length of a ferret, say, but wider.  He plays with the
ferrets, with the cats, with anyone.

Now our first ferret, Chloe, was litter box trained when we got her, but
Ramone *refused* to set foot in a litter box, so (with great patience) we
trained him to newspaper in the corner & now that's what they both use.
But with the advent of the kitten came a litter box in one of the rooms the
ferrets sometimes have access to, and like the good little animal she is,
Chloe decided to use it.  So Ramone got in the habit of using the newspaper
right next to it.  So, I went to the store and got another litter box for
the ferret's room, thinking maybe I can cut back on the newspaper usage -
but neither ferret will use it.  But *all* the cats go out of their way to.
Hmm.

Best wishes to all ailing petsies and their people, and condolences to
those who've lost a pet.

---sharin
& the small menagerie