From:
DTHOMASON <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Sun, 5 Dec 1993 15:59:37 -0500
Daisy Lyn--
     Hey, lady!  I dropped GEnie and kept NVN, so that's why you
don't hear from me much.  Do you remember when I got my last ferret,
Laska?  The one I rescued?  She was much like you describe Winnie.
A bit stunted, thin, and her coat was very rough, short, no gloss,
and thin.  She had been fed one of the grocery store cat foods that
didn't have enough protein or fat, and no animal protein in it.  We've
had her two months now, and I just can't believe the improvement!  She
is still rather thin, but no longer unhealthily so.  The higher protein
and fat intake will make all the difference for your baby too.  They
need adequate protein to be able to grow a good coat (hair is made of
protein), and the fats help produce the soft and glossy fur that looks
and feel so nice.  To dilute the vitamin doses in Ferretone or Linatone
so that you don't have to be so concerned about overdosing them, mix in
another plain oil, such as canola oil, at a 1:1 or higher ratio.  When
used as a treat, reward, or inticement to be still for nail clipping,
you won't be giving too much, and it should help the better food in
giving Winnie what she needs to recover her coat!  How many fuzzies
do you have now anyway?  Did your girls ever get over the brain-washing
"your mom's got too many animals" thing?  Keep in touch!

Rose--
      What about the money collected by the Morris Fund?  Would that
group be willing to turn the monies they've collected over to the
Kansas study, do you think?  I know that our local club was collecting
money to send to the Morris Fund, and I'm going to take a copy of your
note to our president at our Christmas party next Saturday.  Food and
door prizes for the people, treats and a gift exchange for the fuzzies!
You take a small gift for every ferret you bring to put under the tree.
After dinner, the ferrets will be allowed to pick a gift!  Fun fun!

Debra

People:  Raisin dispensers.