Date:
Tue, 28 Jan 1997 20:02:08 +0100
Gooblet says:

>It's a small thing I guess, but part of what I do is *never* buy *anything*
>at a place that sells ferrets, cats and dogs, and I try to convice anybody
>who will listen to only buy at pet *supply* stores.  I won't give those
>places my support in any way.

I think this is good advice. =)

We've just had a new law passed this year (in Sweden) on cage sizes at pet
stores and such.  The belief (and hopes of the ones that have been
struggling to get this law passed) is that it will make it harder for pet
stores to actually sell pets.  The minimum sizes of the cages are too large
for an ordinary pet store to manage.  I know there are both good and bad
sides to this.  The good thing is that we might be able to get the word out
to the "ordinary public" to buy from breeders, and in that way also get less
inbred animals.  The bad thing is that some pet stores might begin with a
"black market", having animals at other places but the store... We haven't
as yet seen any noticeable changes in the pet stores but hopefully it will
happen soon.  Anything that can make the animals' life a little easier until
they get a loving home home is worth applauding I think.

Maria