From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Jul 1998 08:40:31 -0700
Hi FML'ers!

Well, I'm one of the folks that attempted to send a buck to every shelter
on the latest wish list.  I'm still fighting with the postage on a few of
the foreigners, but I'll get them out!  What I wanted to say is how
wonderful it felt to do something for other people and ferrets!  I never
imagined it would feel this good!  I kept telling myself that it seemed
like such a small token, and that the postage was already a third of the
donation, so it didn't really seem worth it - BLAH BLAH BLAH!  Well, I
finally quit being lazy and selfish about it, and just did it!  Everyone
should try it!  (HINT HINT!) :-)

It only took about an hour to get the letters addressed and written.  The
total cost between the dollars and the postage was around $70, which my
husband and I easily spend on a couple dinners and movies during the
respective month.  So, this month we didn't eat out as much on the
weekends, and we rented the movies.  Voila!  It warms our hearts knowing
that this small sacrifice will do so much good.  And talk about sacrifice,
all we did was change our entertainment around a little, nothing compared
to what the Shelters do!  If we had one near us, we would try to donate
time as well, knowing that this can be the most valuable of donations.  In
any case, we plan on making the dollar donations (maybe more, there really
aren't that many great movies out!) more of a habit!

On top of all this, many shelters have taken the time to write or e-mail
personal thank you notes!  I thought this was simply amazing, knowing how
much time these shelter folks already put in just keeping up with their
daily routine.  In the future, I plan to mention in my letters that I hope
the Shelters feel comfortable just posting thank yous to the FML because I
don't want them to have to pay for postage!

Well, I wanted to say THANK YOU to all the shelters out there!  Because of
you, it gave my husband and I a wonderful opportunity to do something nice
for the fuzzies!  We can't think of anything that makes us feel this good
for $70!!!!!  Well, maybe really fancy chocolate!  :-)

I also wanted to express our sympathy to Bob C, and BIG, regarding Simon
and Sophie.  And of course, good luck to any other furzables that aren't
feeling so hot!

I feel so good, I'm not gonna even tell you who I am! :-)  Give it a try!

[RW]