From:
Russ Hazzon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 May 1995 14:12:22 -0400
For those of you that offered advice about Rascal's bent/broken tail -
I took him to the vet to get the tail looked at.  The vet said it was
definately broken and was a recent break.  He said that the part of the
tail past the break would eventually die and rot.  His recommendation was
to amputate part of the tail just past the break point.  rascal had his
surgery on Tuesday and all is well.  His tail is a bit shorter, but the
vet says that once the hair grows back it'll barely be noticable and
should have no effect on the quality of his life.

I hate to second guess a vet, and I do trust him, but was it really
necessary to amputate?  Dr. Williams, any idea here???

Thanks again in advance for all of the help and understanding from
everyone here on the FML!

Regards... Russ S. Hazzon