Date:
Wed, 23 Aug 2000 00:27:34 -0500
Hi Everyone,

Well, I have gotten quite a few suggestions on making that chicken mess.
lol.

I will admit to not taking a lot of time right now to try and get each
ferret to eat it.  They will usually dive into duck soup, with a few noted
exceptions.  But time up on my back is still somewhat limited and so what
I do with the ferts is also limited right now.

I did get some really good suggestions for my back and inquiries on my
state, which I am grateful for.

I also got some suggestions and "keep at its" from folks on feeding this
smelly brew.  Sorry folks, I have tried off and on for over about 20 years
to follow a vegetarian diet.  I always did fine for 2-3 months and then had
massive cravings for beef.  I look back now and wonder if my diverticulosis
has anything to do with it, since I don't digest plant stuff nearly as well
anymore.  And once, after doing a really strict leaning towards vegan type
diet for quite some time, the smell of meat cooking particularly chicken,
sets my tummy off.

Even if I crave chicken, once I get it at times, will make my tummy flip
flop and I can't eat.

Someone did suggest that I used ground turkey for less mess and such.  I
think this is a great idea.  I think I shall start off with this, and add
all the other stuff along with some ensure.  I make my duck soup with
ensure and I am hoping that this will allow me to liquidfy the mix more
that what I have right now, and also to slowly work over to more meat,
thicker stuff and up to the bones and such.

I do have an old hand grinder that was my Grandma's but my hands are not
strong enough to use it.  I do know someone in town who has very very
strong hands and may enlist their help.

If I can work the guys up to this smelly brew, I plan on investing in a
grinder for my kitchen aide mixer.  They make an attachment for the front
of the thing and I *know* that it has lots of power, as I can make double
whole wheat bread recipes in it.

I will keep posting my trials, suggestions and whatever to you.  For what
it is worth.

Mags and the Missouri Mobsters