From:
"Aileen N." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Mar 2000 14:19:16 -0800
We went away for a mountain bike race this weekend, about 6 hrs away, and
were gone for most of Friday, all of Saturday, and most of Sunday.  We had
some worthless family members hired to come over a couple times a day (they
only live 10 mins away) to check on the fur-faces.  We figured it was safer
for the ferts that way, since the worthless family members have a very
large, very aggressive German shepherd.

Anyway, got home last night to the ferret cold shoulder.  Brrrrrr!!!  Each
ferret took enough time to come out of their sleepy sack to say "Oh, you're
FINALLY home!" then turned from me and wouldn't let me touch them!  They
wouldn't even look at me again until I broke out the FerretVite tube!  Kyle
was the worst.  I stuck my finger up under his chin to give him a scratch
and he hastily pulled away and turned his butt to me!

Apparently the worthless family members hadn't been over in some time (at
least 24 hours) as both food bowls were completely empty and the litter
boxes were full!  To make the matter worse, there was some foul-smelling
diarrhea in one box.  Sigh... We'll see how much attention I give their
damn GSD next time they need him doggy-sat!

If anyone lives in the Cockeysville/Towson/Baltimore area of Maryland and
would like to ferret-sit 4 beautiful, well-behaved (ahem) ferrets for three
days a month for the next 7 months (until our racing series is over) or any
portion thereof, please e-mail me privately.  I don't need to worry about
my ferrets starving to death while I'm throwing myself down a rocky
mountain trail.  Thanks!

=====
Aileen & the Herd minus one Herdling
Slinky, Kyle, Noel, Sandy, & Rootie the beagle
Missing Gizmo so much. We love you, baby.

Check out the Herd's website at:
http://www.geocities.com/Petsburgh/Zoo/7414/index.html