From:
Mahlyssa <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Nov 2002 12:07:44 -0500
Hi!!

Thank you everyone who sent me cards and prayed for my dog King.  I
really appreciated it as did the rest of my family.  We took King into
the vets yesterday and he took some tests - his belly wasn't as big as it
usually is, and the vet said he is constipated and gave us some stuff for
him.  He said he is getting old and that is why he sometimes pees in his
bed (we had no idea how long he had been doing it cause he would "clean"
it up as he gets very upset if we notice, but we just usually take him
outside to finish up and then bathe him in the tub which he enjoys a lot.
well we were cleaning and found under the carpeted mat his bed was on,
we picked it up and the floor is all black since have hard wood floors,
i guess it has been going on for awhile) So we go back again next week to
see if he is doing better.

My baby Zama has a blankie.  It is the baby blanket I bought and brought
to the pet store with me when I picked him up.  He never really cared
about it at first - but then we went to my bfs parents house and then
suddenly he was carrying it around EVERYWHERE he went..  He'd bring it
in the livingroom and put it down safetly in a corner and then play and
before leaving the room he goes and picks it up.  He gets down right
angry if you have to wash it (he sometimes tries to hide it in the clean
end of the litter box.) If you are holding his blankie, you are his best
friend!!  When he goes to bed at night he drags the blankie in his cage,
and then into his hammock and then pulls it all around him and goes to
sleep.  It is so adorable.  He loves fleece.  If I wear my house coat...
he seems to touch me a bunch of times with his paws and smells me.. and
then dances on me for a bit then cuddles up inside and goes to sleep!
He is so good at staring lovingly into your eyes.  He opens his mouth
slightly and you can see his little tongue *L* He also talks in his
sleep.  Its so cute... its like uhnnn... uhnnnnn ... eeeeeeeee(softly)...
uhnnn.... He also has bad dreams... although only a few times - they have
been really loud and I go in there and pick him and hold him... he gives
me kisses and then I put him back in.  Usually when he has nightmares he
has them all night long.  Poor thing.... He must be dreaming that he ran
outta food or someone stole his blankie *L*

Zena seems to really enjoy dancing...She is the best dancer I have seen
too and she knows it *L* She is so sweet when she wakes up, she gets her
loves and then off she goes.  You can see pure glee in her eyes and she
jumps around like crazy!

Topaz likes to sleep.  She sleeps in the wierdest positions.  I think
just being in the same room with one of the ferrets or humans she is
happy.  She really likes the cats for the first time we seen her dance
and chase the chicken cat around the house.  She seemed to excited.  Her
weakness in life is tunneling.  She makes these little squeaking noises
as she tunnels in blankets and pillows.  She's such a goofy baby.

We recently found nicknames for them all.  Zama is banana bum - cause I
gave him a small piece of banana and he didn't see it and accidentally
sat on it, and then went crazy trying to get it off..  it was so funny,
Zena is the warrior princess cause that is exactly what she thinks she
is *L* and two days ago we started calling Topaz Houdiniette!  We lost
her for about an hour and a half when she out of the ferret room.  We
literally looked EVERYWHERE... well obviously not... I went through the
clothes hamper a million times.... but I guess I didn't go down right to
the bottom cause that is where she was!  Then yesterday she went missing
again!!  This time she unzipped the bottom of the huge dog pillow..
just a tiny bit..  and then crawled under the cover... we looked
everywehre.... and then noticed that the springer spaniel would try to
lie down..  and then jump off and turn around and stare at the pillow
strangely..  well thats where she was!  I don't even bother worrying
anymore.... There is no where she could get lost, and just make sure
you watch what you step on and where you sit!  That's all!

Well, I just wanted to ask what people thought of the 8-1 Ferret Food.
Personally, I noticed that my ferret doesn't poop as much :) and its
better formed poop instead of globs like when he was on the other stuff.
This lady at the pet store is trying to convince my mom to buy this other
food - its "gourmet" food and it has all different types of dried veggies
and fruit and stuff in it.  I bought it before and that is when I found
out my ferret is allergic to carrots and he didn't like the kibble part
at all.  So I gave it to my mom, her ferrets will eat it only if they
have to and would prefer to eat my ferrets food instead.  The lady at the
pet store was like..  oh well that is because it's made with real grape
juice... like it was a bad thing or something.... When my mom told me..
I said..  So?  What's wrong with grape juice?  Obviously everyone likes
it why not stay with it.  Everyone seems to be doing great on it...I have
been using it for a couple of months and my ferret loves it.  Before he
literally starved himself when his other food because unavailable.  Of
course, when I find the name of it again, I'm going to get the store to
order it in if they can and then give him the choice between the two
because he really likes the banana peices and I think he needs some
variety.

Have a great day,
Mahlyssa