From:
Chere Mccoy <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Sat, 31 Oct 1992 21:04:24 -0500
Well gang, it's all set, we Air Evac 9 ferrets out of Miami on
Tuesday 3 November.  Plane will leave from Vero Beach heading
to Opa Locka (for Pick up) - where it will be on the ground
for one hour for re-fueling, off loading of latest Hurricane
Supplies and last - but very best on loading of the Hurricane
Ferrets.  By 2PM on Tuesday  the ferrets should be delivered
happy, healthy and safe to their new parents.  All parents
are members of the Skunks as Pets club in Georgia.  Today when
we told them there was a delay (landing gear was broken and had to
be fixed) and we would not be able to get the kids out till
Tuesday - it was as if false labor pains had hit.  We are so
very proud that there have will have been as of this coming
Tuesday a total of 37 ferrets who suffered Hurricane Andrew
= moved safe and sound  from the disaster area.  We thank
all of you who have helped and still keep helping.  All
ferret list people should be tremendously proud of the
large outpouring of love and compassion from ferret owners
around the world to the ferrets who suffered Hurricane Andrew.
We of the Ferret Friends of Indian River County, Miami Hurricane
Rescue - thank each and every one of you who have supported the
effort.  One more request =  Please on Tuesday November 3rd -
get out and VOTE.