From:
Sonam Dasara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Oct 2003 12:54:29 -0400
Hi-

I'm seeking advice about integrating a new cat with my existing ferrets;
I have put "Bob C" in the header in the hope that Bob is not too busy to
read this and reply.  In the eight years I've been with the FML, I have
grown to respect his advice...

In any event, I have two elderly (over 7 years old) ferrets, Stella and
her brother Dupree who are slowing down in their golden years.  They are
caged most of the day as I live alone and work, and are out in the
evenings; but if the truth be told, they now sleep for the most part when
out, occasionally getting up to romp for a few minutes, then falling
asleep again.  I will shortly be taking in a 3-year old neutered male
Persian cat - and if it makes any difference, he is a pure-bred, and a
retired, prize-winning, show cat.

I'd like the introductions of my pets to be a smooth transition, and
their future lives together to be harmonious.  Does anyone who has both
a cat and ferret have any prediction of possible problems, and how they
solved them; as well as general advice?

Thanks!

Ciao,
Sonam

ELECTRIC INK  STUDIO
WEB SITE DEVELOPMENT AND DESIGN - Individual and Corporate
www.electric-ink.com