From:
Mark Zmyewski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Oct 1995 12:43:46 -0400
Hi everyone,

    Well, I've finally found time to write.  I was laid off three weeks ago
but was picked up by Lockheed-Martin, the folks to whom I was subcontracted
on my last job.  I've been so busy that I've only had time to scan the FML.

    I went to the Georgia show last weekend and had a great time.  I got to
meet Jan Lovell after speaking to her several times about the show.  (Hi,
Jan!  I promise to take you up on the dinner invitation next time!!) I
bought several books, including Dr. Judith Bell's book and was amased how
much Boomer looks like the fuzzy on the cover.  I didn't enter (or even
*take*) Snookie or Boomer in the show and Jan said that'd I'd regret
it...well, she was right!  There's always next year, though!

    Boomer evidentally has either an anal gland that wasn't completely
removed or a stitch from the original surgery that hasn't dissolved because
it gets inflamed and oozes from time to time.  We've had him on an
antibiotic (Cefadroxil(?)) twice in the last two months but the infection
keeps coming back.  I spoke with Dr. Williams (who, by the way, is
extremely nice for those who have never spoken with him....I felt guilty
calling him since I know he's so busy, but he took all the time needed to
talk to me and tell me what to do.  Thanks, Dr. Williams!!) and he told he
that surgery is probably needed.  I made an appointment for Monday morning.
You know, it's interesting.  When my Dad's German Shepherd needed to be
spayed, I just thought "Ok, she needs to be spayed.", but with Boomer I all
of a sudden feel like the nervous parent.  I know this is minor surgery, but
I'm nervous none the less.  I hope *I* make it through the surgery!!  :-)

   Well, that's it for now.  Dooks to everyone!

 -Mark Zmyewski
 -Snookie  --  "I *must* hide that paper towel roll!  It's not that I *want*
to, I *have* to.
                    Now, give it to me!!"
 -Boomer  --  RUN, RUN, RUN...PLAY, PLAY, PLAY!!  "Oh yeah, my rump itches!"
                   RUN, RUN, RUN...PLAY, PLAY, PLAY!!