From:
Christian Meisch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Sep 1996 11:15:14 -0700
Nips: For the person who needs to Nip train there ferret.  USE BITTER
APPLE!!!!  I am so happy with it its great I should own the stock.  No
really you need to put it on regularly cuz it evaporates.  It has got to the
point that I dont need it anymore unless "Pete" gets too playfull.  By the
way Ferrets will bite you cannot get around it but they can be trained not
to bite when the "Hooman Bean" doesnt want to play.

Chips: I just found out that Cedar Wood chips ARE NOT to be used for
bedding.  Reasons of repitory infections.  I have used chips for a month and
found that Pete sneezed alot more.  So I got rid of the chips.  Only problem
is that Ceder Wood Chips controlled odor very well and soaked up accidents.
Cloth or newspaper doesnt do that.  Does anybody know what I could use that
acts like wood chips but doesnt hurt my Pete's repetory system???

Litter Boxes: Having problems keeping the litter box in the corner of the
cage but you dont want to use wire cuz your furry friend might attempt to
chew and possible mouth injury my follow.  Invest in some velcro.... It work
and I havent found the litterbox tipped, rolled or all out thrown accros the
cage.

Hope it helped!