From:
Rachel Zuckerman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 May 2002 22:30:07 -0700
Hi everyone

For a while I thought Pukka, who I've posted about before concerning her
fighting with Lola, was making progress with the whole biting thing.  I've
realized that we're actually backsliding, and I'm afraid I may be out of
my league here.  She will still bite me, badly and usually drawing blood,
on my wrists and arms.  NOTHING works on this little girl.  Believe me,
I've tried about every bite-stopping technique out there (but no, I have
never flicked her nose or hit her in any way), and if anything she's
gotten worse.

She'll bite if I leave for what she must consider too long, if i reach in
to take her out of a hiding place, and even if i'm just holding her and
petting her.  She latches on and shakes her head back and forth.  This
has been going on for months.  There is a definite possibility she was
abused-- she's from a shelter and I know very little about her previous
owner.  I think she needs a lot of one-on-one attention, and with two
other ferrets and being in the process of moving it's hard.  Like I said,
I feel like I'm out of my league here.  If someone who has experience
with behavioral/emotional problems like this (yes, I do thing ferrets can
have emotional problems!) could get back to me, I would really, really
appreciate it.

Thanks!

Rachel, Lola, Sebastian, and Pukka Biting-mouth

=====
"Go ahead, call the cops
You don't meet nice girls in coffee shops"
                      -- Tom Waits