Date:
Sat, 7 Jun 2008 12:35:50 -0400
I too have floors for my Marshall double mansion and they are great as
the ferrets can also sleep in them and also they love to hide their
toys in them :-)

Just a little FYI for those who have cats and have a hard time
eliminating the cat urine odor. I have cats as well as 2 dogs and the
ferrets and have gotten so tired of trying to clean the cat urine odor
from the cats peeing on the newspaper for ferrets. (The cats have been
checked for uti's, etc and this is just one of the cat's behavioral
problem). I put a big thickness of newspapers down around and under
the ferret poop pans when I put them in the dining room area (ceramic
tiles) and I find that occassionaly one of my cats likes to pee on the
newspapers even though the kitty pans are cleaned. I got tired of using
Nature's Miracle which is expensive, I have tried dilluted Clorox
solution as well as white vinager to no avail as there was always
that lingering cat urine smell. I called my vet this morning and they
suggested using a mix of (half and half of each) 1/2 liquid Snuggle
fabric softener, 1/2 Woolite and add a little water and mix. Spray on
area and scrub and allow to penetrate for a bit. I will then wash the
floor as usual, with a little bit of Clorox and lots of water. The
smell is gone! and it smells nice for a change! I just tried this today
so I will see how it goes in the future. Once our ferret room is done,
the ferrets will be in their own room even during the day but for now,
they are in the dining room area enjoying the big sunny windows during
the day time.

Eleanor, Donald and the 12 fuzzbutts

Eleanor