From:
Catherine Garcia <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Sep 1997 13:20:38 -0400
Hi everyone!  Does anyone know of a Utah ferret club?  I know there is a
ferret shelter in Draper but have not heard of a club.  I would really like
to be a part of one.  If there isn't and there are any interested people out
there, please e-mail me and let's see about starting one up.  Although
ferrets are legal in Davis County where I live, I know there is a lot of
education that needs to be done.  People are so surprised when I bring my
baby boys out to find out they aren't mean, etc.  (When I'm asked if they
are mean, as I've said before, I kiss them on their little mouths and ask
people, "Do you see me bleeding?" A little dramatic maybe, but I get my
point across.)

A quick cute story on my 10 month old sable Pato.  I think he should be
nominated for membership in the FLO.  He loves to torment the "doofus doggy"
next door.  My neighbor had never seen this before, but yesterday she got a
first hand demonstration.  Pato was out playing in the back patio area, and
wandered over to in front of her glass door.  When her dog (a
dachshund-cocker spaniel mix) saw him she went nuts and started barking and
running at the glass door.  Pato stood up on his hind legs and just stared
at the dog.  (I'm sure he was laughing hysterically inside, too.) Then he
backed off, did the war dance, and came back over and stood against the door
again.  The dog was in a frenzy.  I've seen Pato do this before, and he has
sense enough to know it's safe when the glass door is there, but not the
screen door.  (Smart little monster!) I finally came over and picked him up
from where I was watching.  Who says they don't have a sense of humor?

Catherine, Pato and Snowball