From:
SYBIL BARMISH <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Feb 2006 01:25:08 -0600
I currently have three, one year old ferrets.  Only one of the three (who
used to have real long hair) has been loosing hair over the past week and
now has real soft, short, white hair instead of the long bushy hair he
once had.  If you run your fingers down his back there are literally
clumps of hair coming out.  I have heard the ferrets do molt, but since
it's only February and none of my other two ferrets have lost any of
their hair, it made me nervous.  Does this sound like "normal" molting
to you?  Should I take him to the vet?  Thanks for your advice.

-Sybil