Date:
Thu, 10 May 2012 06:33:32 -0700
I have a ferret named Kita she is 5 years old and deaf. Last night she
went into a huge sneezing fit. I retrieved her from her cage and held
her she stopped sneezing and whimpered some. I held her for a few
minutes and returned her to her cage and within a couple minutes
started sneezing over and over again. I took her out of the cage and
she stopped and whimpered some more. We gave her some benedril (we've
done this when its time for Rabies and Distemper shots so we have the
meds and know the dose). I took her back to the ferret room and put
her down and she started to sneeze again. She spent the night in our
hospital cage in the living room. About 4 am she sneezed again but has
been okay since

There has been no changes to the cage, room, or bedding. Same detergent
same everything.

Does anyone have any ideas? It has rained a lot here this last week so
I'm thinking maybe mold or pollen from out side even though we have a
Hepa air cleaner.

I've had ferrets sneeze before but its always been one or two sneezes
and everything is okay. Kita's sneezes are big sneezes and she keeps
sneezing over and over again.

Thanks

Mike