From:
Marie Schatz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Aug 2000 18:08:15 -0700
You don't say whether the guy is an US Army guy, a Brit Army or what but
here's a few thoughts.  If he's Brit he won't be able to take the ferret
home without a quarantine.  If he's US he'll probably be coming home on a
"rotator" or some other form of military flight which won't allow pets.  If
he's stationed over there its for a year or less and my advice is to tell
him to wait.  I've been to Saudi, Bahrain and am actually on my way to
Kuwait this Sunday.  That area of the country is not big on pets except
for the well off who have arabian horses.  Muslim's consider dogs unclean.
Cats roam around feral and military regulations now forbid troops to adopt,
feed or otherwise try to help them because of rabies.  I doubt there are
many vets and certainly few to none that would be able to do much for a
ferret.

Mary

"For that which befalleth the sons of men befalleth beasts;
even one thing befalleth them: as the one dieth, so dieth the other;
yea they have all one breath;
so that a man hath no preeminence above a beast:
for all is vanity. "
Ecclesiastes 3:19