From:
Michelle Alverson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Feb 2000 20:01:07 -0800
Dukes to all!!!!  I have been subscribing for a few month now..  this is
my first post.  (how come that always sounds like the beginning of an AA
meeting?  ) :) Anyways, I am currently, gloriously, owned by 11 fuzzies
ranging from 1 year to 5.5 years... all MF kits.  They are my childern, my
life line, my teachers, and my companions.  I wanted to post my two cents
about MF.  Every ferret board/ mailing I have every visitied has come
acroosed this subject.  Flames come from both side and people get upset.
I view the topic of pet store ferrets as one of those of which there is
no right or wrong side.  It's like abortion or the legalization of
maijuana.... both sides have their point, of which they feel strongly
about, and both are right and wrong.  I've seen this argument literaaly rip
ferret friends apart.  I've made my persoanl decision to not buy- simply
because rescuing or adopting is so rewarding.  We adopted our last boy who
was deserted and in some bad shap.  The vet's did his surgery, de-flead him
and de-earmitted him.  (O.K.  I know I made up those words.....anyways :) )
We brought him home and the minute he was in the ferret room, he started
war dancing; as if to say "oh my god there are others like ME here!!!!"
That smile and war dance melted our hearts..

I guess my point is- it's a debate with no real conclusion and I believe,
as ferret owners, that we each have to look at the FACTS and then make our
own decisions and move on....

Whew!!  I did'nt mean for that to be so long... I also wanted to inquire on
everyon'e experience with both adrenal glands being remove.  I fear that my
oldest boy... MY boy, is having signs of adrenal.  His left was removed
last year.  I'm interested in the experiences you all have had with both
being removed and/or the medical "treatment" of it... Thanks in advance!!

One more thing- to Snicker's mom/dad.... How is the little monster??  As
everyone has already said- we never know if our babies are going to
react or not.  You may decide not to vaccinate.  If you decide to- have
the vet use Benadryl 20-30 minutes before the injection.  Also,  I know
it isn't "approved", but our vet has swirched to Galaxy D instead of
Ferret-Vac with much less reactions....  Good-luck.