Date:
Fri, 21 Feb 2003 22:38:17 -0500
I have never had a fert with bad teeth but I do now - bad teeth, just as
in humans, can cause many problems.  My little Angel went downhill very
fast - lost lots of weight and wasn't eating or drinking!  After 4 days
at the vet's on IV fluids and antibiotics she came home.  I fed her by
hand - baby food - Q4hrs all last weekend -- guess what!  She gained
100gms!  Her blood work is all normal and no lumps or bumps (I was really
worried that we had something else going on here) so it comes down to her
teeth.  I only adopted Angel at Christmas and was told she was about 3
years old - my vet feels she is older.  Anyway, she is now continuing on
baby food with ground ferret kibble (THANKS DR.  WILLIAMS) and we are
planing on taking care of the teeth on Thursday if all stays status quo.

I just feel like a bad ferret mommy for not catching it sooner.  Trust me
I will now be VERY attentive to teeth!

HUG YOUR FUZZIES!!
Linda Z. with Nipper, Sapp, Jo-Jo,Buckie,Spice & Angel