From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Aug 1999 10:40:40 -0400
>However, I have to warn Bill Gruber to expect LOTS of nasty eMails
>from the >humor challenged.  I think Mary and Eric expect it as well,
>because the outside of the issue has a badge claiming the issue is
>guaranteed to offend somebody.

Yes, it's funny!  Haven't seen the entire issue, yet, but we've seen some
of the photos which basically are "Penn and Teller"ish type of Halloweeny
ones.  Folks who take it with a boulder of salt and then consider more
deeply will know that to be trained that well the ferret has got to also be
very well loved.  No ferret would put up with such shinanigans otherwise!
Steve and I saw the act on Penn and Teller's show back when (and didn't
even need Greg Blonder to suggest it) and face it, for a philosopher and a
giant they've got pretty fine stamina and butts -- oh, wait, I meant guts,
yeah, guts...

Anyway, it you don't like Halloween humor you can give your copy to someone
who does and now that you know up-front you can behave accordingly and
avoid it if such stuff offends, while those of us who have no problem with
that and examples of trick training will chuckle quietly since if you say
nothing we won't have to and that will be a great gift for Bill
Gruber!!!!!!

>little clear, plastic balls that you can put hampsters and gerbils in and
>let them roll around?  Well, now they have a large one for ferrets.

They like us to spin them around in it.  Ashling actually does move
it around but she does so by throwing her weight (typical Ashling)
rather than walking.  We call it "Scooter's Ball" because he can't
fit well in the small ones and had always been jealous when the
others got "Wheeeeeeeee" rides in them.