From:
Anna Adam-Spear to be <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Apr 1995 10:27:38 -0500
        Well, yesterday afternoon my three ferrets were introduced to the
four kittens. The reaction was about how I should have expected. Max and
Applejuice pretty much just sniffed the kittens once and then started nosing
around the box looking for treats. Beckett, who adores my older cat, was the
only one with any interest. All four kittens got a thorough butt-sniffing,
ear-licking, and then Beckett picked Twitch (a male, orange tabby kitten) to
lay on top of and cuddle. He (the ferret) looked so happy! Jonathan (my
fiance) said Beckett thinks he's a cat. It's not true though, he's all
ferret when he plays. Never seen a CAT do the whirling dervish dance of joy!

To: Debbie Riccio
        I had a similar experience with a dishwasher. I lived in a two
bedroom apartment with a roommate and two ferrets (Applejuice and Possum) who
were the biggest pair of troublemakers!  Applejuice STILL is by the way, and
I'm sure Possum is wreaking havoc in ferret heaven.  Those two would get
underneath the dishwasher as well, but they were two sneaky to let my
roommate and I know.  They would get under by going through a hole in the
cabinet beneath the sink that the water connection pipe thing-a-ma-jig went
through.  Our dishwasher stopped working one day and we couldn't figure out
why.  The maintenance man came by a few days after we reported the problem.
When I got home from work there was a number of items sitting on the counter.
Two unmatched shoes, several socks, a baseball cap (how the *@#$ did they get
a BASEBALL cap under there??), a fork, raisins, an empty Wendy's chili cup
(licked clean, mind you), and a jingle ball!  The repair report said
"Blockage underneath the dishwasher," as the cause of the problem.  I'll say!
We were never successful at preventing the girls from getting under there.  I
can only IMAGINE what the new tenants will find one day.  :)

Ahn
Beckett
Max.3
Applejuice (did I do that?)