From:
MMakemosn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Jul 1998 05:53:48 -0500
Although Frontline, Advantage, and Program are not approved for use with
ferrets, every article I've read regarding fleas and ferrets has indicated
that those 3 products are safe to use on ferrets.  There are many warnings
given to not use the spot control medications you can purchase from the pet
stores.  I'm lucky to have a vet that specializes in ferrets and he also
recommends these 3 products for my guys.

Up until recently, Frontline, Advantage, and Program were only available
from a vet.  No prescription was actually required but many vets insisted
you make an appointment..probably to make sure you understood how to use
the products.

However, you can buy it online.  I've finally found another source after
hearing an ad on TV.  I know there are a few other sources out there, also.

http://www.petmedexpress.com/

They carry flea control products, prescription and non-prescription drugs
(have your vet's name and number handy), pet supplies and carriers and many
other products.  Even though they're geared towards more "traditional" pets,
they seem to have very reasonable prices (much cheaper than through my vet!)
I should receive my first order today.  :)

Thanks for everyones input!!

Mary Reeves..aka Shadra
www.dialaccess.com/shadra/home/ferret.htm