From:
Mary Hart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Apr 2001 08:17:52 +0100
Hello everyone, I'm Mary in the UK.  I have two female ferrets and sadly
one is not going to be with me for too much longer as she has two tumours
and nothing can be done.  Her name is Ozzie and she is almost 6 years old.
Her friend Shelley is obviously going to miss her and I am hoping that
some of you could give me some advise on how to help Shelley.  This is so
painful losing Ozzie that I am hoping that with love and attention that
Shelley would be ok on her own with me, so that I can't become attached to
any more of these wonderful pets.  But am I doing the best for Shelley or
for me?  Shelley is nearly 5 years old and the submissive one of the pair.
Would it be ok to find a ferret around the same age from a shelter maybe?
How would I find out which new ferret is the right one for Shelley?

Thanks for listening and I look forward to any help or thoughts people can
give me.

Mary
Birmingham UK