From:
Jennifer Morlanne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Apr 1996 14:37:51 EST
Sweet Ferret:
I just had to share this: I definitely have one of the sweetest ferrets
around :-) This morning I go to let everyone out of their cage and I hear my
Gordi chittering like ferrets do when they are in pain.  So I dig him out of
his blanket and find that he has twisted his nail in it and can't get it
out.  He must have been in there a while because the nail was twisted around
a bit and there was a small amount of blood at the base.  As I pick him up
he continues to complain but in the midst of his complaining he KISSES me.
Even though I had to cause him more pain to extract the nail he continues to
kiss me.  I would imagine that many ferrets would either try to run away or
bite you when hurting or scared but he KISSES!  Now is that sweet or what?

FYI: Normally his nails are clipped every other week but because of a
business trip and illness, I forgot to clip this week so they were a LITTLE
long but not much.  I cleaned his nail and it looked fine and he didn't limp
at all.  I hope this means he'll be fine.  I'll check and make sure when I
get home.

Kelleen:
Very sweet and beautiful Poem.

Kim RE: Boys and Girls:
I have 4 ferrets (2 boys and 2 girls).  Just like you the boys are much more
interested in spending time with us than the girls.  My girls are both sick
now so they don't really run around like before.  But they were definitely
more interested in other things.  My boys on the other hand are totally
different.  They will "hang out" with us and play with us and definitely let
us cuddle them more.  I don't know if this is usual but our experience is
similar to yours.

Brian and Sarah:
I very happy to hear that little Sarah is home again.  I hope she continues
on the path to full recovery.  We're sending little ferret dooks to her!

Jessica and Legend:
You will probably hear alot on this one but just in case.  It seems that
Legend has brought ECE (Green Diarrhea) into your home.  The described
symptoms are indicative as is the time frame of Legend's arrival.  Make sure
everyone gets supportive care and check out the medical FAQ on this.

Lon and Aleyeska:
Have you tried Bitter Apple on the victim's ears? It might help.

Kim and Tiki:
Good luck finding Tiki. Don't give up!

     Love from the gang (Nancy, Maggie, Ronnie and Gordi)
     and of course from me, Jennifer