Date:
Tue, 18 Sep 2001 14:54:37 -0700
First, sympathy and condolenses to all that have lost (furry and
non-furry) at this tragic time in life.

BIG, I too found the idea of using ferrets comical.  You weren't alone and
I had to tell you.

Anyone who really knows ferrets knows that they are not retrieval-type
animals.  I can just picture one of my fuzzbutts going down (and they'd
love the adventure - don't get me wrong), seeing a victim in distress and
stealing the sock and taking it to another location for safe-keeping.

I know my fuzzies too well - they would even steal the false teeth!

No, I don't find your humor sick -- just honest.  Yes, ferrets will fit
into the tiny spots and can "worm" their way around, but to ask them to
let us know what's there or to retrieve -- sorry, ain't happenin!

I'm not trying to say that this is hopeless or that nothing can be done --
I just don't see it getting done by ferrets.

Really isn't FML material, but I had to let you know that you weren't
alone and I personally didn't think you were out of your mind saying it.

Lynn (Harley, Sneekers, Jake, Teddy and Fibi)