From:
Steve Fine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Jul 2003 00:06:10 -0700
My worst nightmare came alive tonight, my 6 fuzzies and I along with my
daughter were all playing waiting on my son to get here (he is 9 and has
Duschenne Muscular Dystrophy wheelchair bound) .  The fuzzies play in an
area that is totally secure away from 2 bull mastiff pups 7 & 9 months
old.  We came to the other side of the house and closed the door behind
us at least we thought it was closed.  My daughter was going back toward
the ferrets and noticed that some of them were not secure and yelled the
ferrets are out at that same time I heard a blood curdling scream from
the back yard, they had her in their mouth, I grabbed her immediately and
rushed her inside cleaned out her mouth and nose and rushed her to the
emergency animal clinic in Phoenix Az.  ( Glendale / Freeway) praying to
God to spare her life.  She is very very bad, they are doing everything
they can for her and if she stabilizes they will operate , the Dr. told
me he has never seen a worse ferret still alive.  I am a pet sitter and
am very involved in rescue, any extra money goes to the animals I rescue
and care for, I didn't have any money left for my poor baby, I called a
client of mine and she didn't even hesitate only said whatever you need
I'll do.  An hour has passed & the Dr. called she went into cardiac
arrest the damage was just too severe.  How will I ever forgive myself.

Jackie and 5 fuzzies