From:
Mailing List <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Jan 1998 22:30:55 -0600
Hi der Fert-buddies,

Dis here is Pooka and I haf a berry sad story to pass on to you all.  A few
nap times ago my baby sister Ariel whent to da fuzzy doctor and Mommy and
Daddy found out dat she had someting called cancer and dat she would be
crossing dat purty rainbow bridge berry soon.  Momma and Daddy decided to
make her comfortable and give her da bestes times that they could so dey
brought her home and all us furkids helped take care of her.

We all took turns sweeping wif her and keeping her warm until today when she
called us all over to her and said that it was time.  Duke asked her if she
wanted to wait until Mommy and Daddy gots home from work but she said no.
She whispered dat she didn't want Mommy or Daddy to feel sadder than they
had too and dat dere was nothing dat they could do dat they hadn't already
done.  She told us dat when she closed her eyes she could see the Rainbow
Bridge and all da warm and fuzzy kids playing and dat she could see Granpa
sitting in his rocking chair waiting for her.  She kissed each of us and she
told us dat she'd be watching over all of us and all da fuzzies and would
help to keep us safe.  Den she closed her eyes and went to sweep.

I stood guard over her like a good big brudder until Mommy and Daddy came
home and put little Ariel in a small box.  They said dat they where going to
have ashes put into a purty box and den they were going to take her to
Granpa and dat they would be together forever, what ever forever means, I
guess dats a whole lotta sweep times probably more den I can gounts on alls
my toes.

Well Fuzz-buddies, I gotta go take care of Mommy and Daddy cause dey is both
leaking water from dere eyes and it's my job to kiss dem clean.

I'll be sure to write to eberybody later,

Pooka