From:
BELMONT COUNTY RACEWAY PARK <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Jan 1999 17:56:20 -0500
Hi guys,

I have a concern about my 2 yr old Wiggles and the hair on her tail.  She
is a hyper and sensitive little thing weighing in at about one lb.  If
she gets stressed she loses hair on her tail.  Move her romemate out for
awhile, Wiggles gets a bald tail.  Put Wiggles with other girls, she gets a
bald tail.  I finally gave her her own cage and some xtra love and
ferretone and for the first time in over a year she has a very furry tail.
All except for the base.  It is still bald.

This has me very concerned about adrenal problems.  If I were to see her
for the first time today I would say she was adrenal.  However, she does
have a history of tail hair problems.

She has to see the vet next month for vacinations and I was wondering - Do
I get the expensive blood tests to determine possible adrenal?  I had blood
work done on her 10 months ago and adrenal wasn't determined.  A chronic
infection of some type was.  (Slightly elevated lympocytes).

Or do I just go ahead and have exploritory surgery done?
Or should I just wait until she shows other symptoms?

I'm looking for some other opinions to help me decide. She doesn't act ill
in anyway right now.

I don't think my vet will be much help in deciding.  Adrenal is his pet
illness for ferrets and he suspects it all the time.

Barb Stewart and all our fuzzies