Date:
Tue, 31 Jul 2007 10:26:43 -0400
Years ago I watched sci-fi movies showing the government in control of
everything. A sterile environment with cookie-cutter houses and all the
people looking and acting the same. They made movies. There were books.
And, there was the statement that if the US was to fall, it would not
be because of outside forces but would come from within.

I hope I scare you enough to contact your congressmen and your
senators. Because it IS happening, folks. We are turning over the
control of our lives and decision making to our government. Look at
what has happened to our children and parental rights. All too often
a parent has to fight as Alicia described about the pets. We are
over-legislated because we are often too lazy to fight the battle now.

A little story tells about the mouse who went running to his animal
friends. Help, he said, the government is taking my house to use the
land for a new building. What is that to us? his friends replied. You
will find a new place to live.

Soon, a chicken ran to his friends. Help, he said, the government is
taking our children to work in their factories laying eggs according
to their rules! What is that to us? his friends replied. At least they
have jobs.

This continued until the day the horse realized that he was losing his
place as the transportation provider. He went running to his friends
for help, only to realize that he had no more friends as the government
had forced them all away.

Alicia brings to us this excellent opportunity to make a difference and
to make ourselves heard. One person CAN do something, but not if (s)he
sits around complaining about it to the walls. Just like with the
black-footed ferret, these are opportunities to make a difference.
Please, even if you HATE politics as much as I do, get involved to make
sure the government is YOUR voice, YOUR SERVANT and NOT your master.
Go read the declaration of independence and find out WHY we were
established. Get involved on the local level. Don't wait until someone
comes to take your ferrets because everyone who doesn't care for
ferrets decided nobody should have them.

Because people, the only thing necessary for evil to prevail is for
good (wo)men to do nothing!

renee :) (::stepping off soapbox, but still waving the AMERICAN flag::)

It's amazing how much can be accomplished if nobody cares who gets the
credit!

Ferret Emergency Response, Rescue & Evacuation Team (F.E.R.R.E.T.)
http://www.ferretemergency.org
International Ferret Congress
http://www.ferretcongress.org
American Red Cross