From:
JENNIFER SALLAND <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Mar 1997 02:36:19 -0500
Hi all,

I need to ask some advice on something I know very little about - flying <I
hate it, hate it, hate it!>..  I'm currently in the middle of a 3-week
vacation, visiting some friends in Dubuque, Iowa.  I will be going home in
two weeks, and though I took the train out here from NYC}, I'm thinking of
flying back.  The 19-hour train ride from NY to Chicago was NOT fun, since I
spent most of my time concealing my illegal cargo!  Seeing-eye dogs being
the only animals this railroad co.  allows, period.}

I've done a little research, and so far, have flat-out refusals from
American, TWA, and UsAir... Northwest and Continental both said I'd have to
check my ferret as cargo, which I will *not* do.  United said that the
ferret would be allowed on board with me, as long as he was kept something
smaller than 9x14x22.  I have a medium-size Sherpa bag that he travels in,
which I think fits those parameters}.  The only airline that seems to have
no problem with ferrets whatsoever is Delta.  I was wondering whether any of
you fellow ferret owners could share some of your experiences with me.  If I
do end up flying, I'll be enough of a mess already, and would feel a little
better if I had my baby there with me, giving me one less thing to worry
about.  <g>

Thanks!
Jennifer & Dare

P.S.-If there are any airlines I've left out, feel free to add!