From:
Northern <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 May 2006 10:23:10 -0700
After a long battle of fighting adrenal disease my little badger girl,
Spunky was helped across the bridge today.  She was my first ferret love
when I took over on her and her cage mate Bruno from my son in 1998.  She
was a little dark chocolate girl.  Her top weight ever was a 1 pound 8oz.

She survived one adrenal surgery in '02 but now it was the right one that
took over about a year ago.  Lupron and melatonin gave her a good quality
of life till this week when she stopped eating and drinking no matter how
much I tried to coax her.  She became very weak and looking into her eyes
I knew it was time to go.  I asked her if she wanted to see Bruno again I
swear her eyes twinkled.

She lost Bruno 3 years ago and her last friend Tootsie year ago.  She
never really recovered from the loses.

The light on earth has become dim for me today but I know this nite a
star has been born that will light up my night.

To the Bridge Greeters; can you make sure my little badger girl meets up
with Bruno and Tootsie?  It would do my heart good to read about that
reunion.

I will miss you Spunky, how used to on my chest and rub your little furry
face on my hairy chin and beg for belly rubs.  Goodbye badger girl.

M.Northern