From:
Shari Diane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Oct 1995 16:41:20 -0500
Kelleen: My first little girl found her way into my brand new leather sofa
and, later, love seat.  She pottied in the sofa until after she was spayed.
[A side note here for Mark Zmyewski: We adopted her from co-workers @ 7
mos.who said she came with a 1 year guarantee of spayed-neutered.  After 1.5
months of observation, we decided she was *not* spayed.  We persued
reimbursement from the pet store and the breeder - the first check to arrive
was from the pet store.  The breeder denied it was their ferret.]

Back to the sofa subject: After Chipper was spayed she began to come out of
the sofa and socialize, after the fact we now know why.  Poor little girl
was in heat *and* with knew owners and was probably petrified.  During this
non-spay time, we cut out part of the lining of the underneath of the new
sofa and put a potty tray down - check/cleaned every day.  She did come out
to eat - food was NOT in the sofa.  After spaying, she calmed down and found
the hall closet (imagine-as I know you can-a 1lb.  ferret sliding under the
door) an excellent place to sleep (plus, we could check on her/retrieve
easier.) We adopteed another older little girl this summer, and she slepts
in the sofa occasionaly, sometimes uses the still remaining litter box, but
prefers the underside of the spare bedrooms bed lining.

From what I read, is it not good to give artifical sugar treats to ferrets
(actual surgar, popsicles, plus milk or chocolate).  Correct?

About the weights of our fuzzies, I am now concerned about my
girls....without a scale, Chipper weighs about 1lb.  (fluctuated to 1.5
after spaying surgery) and Gina 1.5 (has fluctuated to 2lbs.  recently).
They don't seem to be gaining weight for winter.  Should I feed them
Nutrical (from vet?) or Deliver 2.0 (from pharmacy), and how much?

I pray Michele this afternoon on the passing of her beloved Binki, reminding
me to give my girls hugs and kisses as soon as I get home.

Whoever suggested last week (from TX?) to take the kids out for an autumn
walk was a great suggestion.  Linda Doran - Gina just *loved* tunneling thru
the meshed down pine needles, and Chipper kept looking for the pile of
leaves to play in...

Charlene Lowe....Adopt me.  You are a great and caring Mom.  I pray I can do
my girls the same caring justice in their old age.

Someone else may post this, but here goes...Got an e-mail of a couple who
want to adopt a ferret.  They live in SC, don't want to pay $120 for one
from GA, and have e-mailed the now forming Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill, NC
ferret club.  If you want this persons name/number, e-mail me.  Thanks.