From:
Chantel Tennyson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Feb 2000 09:07:59 -0600
I have a 4 year old MF ferret who recently had a double adrenalectomy as
well as 1/6th of his liver removed.  This was the second removal of his
right adrenal gland.  The section of liver was removed due to nodules and
cancerous looking stuff.  He was originally on Pediapred - 1 ml twice a
day for 7 days, then once a day for 7 days.  At that time he was supposed
to be taken off of it.  Because I'm into alternative medicine and always
use kinesiology to check dosages for the fuzzies and myself, I found he
needed to be weaned more gradually, so we went to once every 3 days then
once a week and now he is getting 1 ml once every 3 weeks (based on
kinesiology testing) and a Lupron injection once a month.  He is doing
great!  As a matter-of-fact, he seems happier and has more spunk than he
has had for a couple of years and his coat is full and beautiful and he has
filled back out after looking thin and gaunt.  He's like a youngster again.
So, I wouldn't let the idea of no adrenals give you too much cause for
concern.  Taz hasn't missed them one bit!

Chantel and the Seven Dwarfs
"Hi-Ho, Hi-Ho, It's off to steal raisins we go...."