From:
Troy Lynn Eckart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Jun 1996 15:36:25 CST6CDT
Abbey left me a forever memory.  When she had her Grand Mal seizure I had
tried to put honey on her gums with a syringe but I was unable to so I used
my finger, NOT a good idea.  Her teeth were gnashing and she got me, clear
to the bone.  Bless her heart.  I cringed as I felt the teeth grind on bone
but didn't jerk.  I finally got my other fingers in her mouth and gently
pried her mouth open (remember she was seizing and had no control) then I
had to open her mouth wide enough to get her fangs out of my finger.  Well,
the wound was a straight in and out but she cut through my nerves in the top
of the finger next to my thumb on my right hand.  I have no feeling at all
in the very tip of that finger.  I do have below the tooth mark, thankfully.
Problem I find is I use that finger to stir their food with after heating it
and now I can't feel anything.  So I have to use other fingers.  My finger
is fine, the teeth went in and out, no tears since I didn't jerk.  Next time
I'll use a q-tip.  (maybe) ;-)

As my vet said I suffered an ignosecond.  The moment before you realize you
shouldn't have done something.  :-)

Spiccup will have adrenal surgery Tuesday, June 4.  Please think positive
thoughts for her.

Hugs to all. tle (aka Sprite)